Here’s another batch of tools to checkout. Hope something catches your eye!
Highland Woodworking is carrying The Rikon Mini Lathe.
This package was featured in our “Father’s Day Gift Guide”, but well worth mentioning again.
* Rikon has created a lathe with an impressive 12″ swing and 16″ between centers.
* Increase the bed length in 24″ multiples with optional bed extensions.
* 1″ x 8 TPI threaded drive spindle powered by a 1/2HP 6.6 amp motor
* 6-step pulley for speed changes from 430 RPM-3900 RPM. Smartly located outboard
of the headstock allowing quick belt replacement without removing the spindle assembly.
* 12-position indexed headstock and tailstock have a #2MT enabling the use of the most
* A convenient handle is helpful for moving the 89lb. mini-lathe.
Lee Valley & Veritas recently introduced their new Precision Inlay Corner Jig.
According to the description “When two inlaid banding lines meet at a corner it’s essential that the outside corners of the router-cut grooves be perfectly square, as even a slight inaccuracy can be conspicuous. Developed in consultation with accomplished British boxmaker Andrew Crawford, this machined precision jig offers a solution.”
Eagle America introduces their new Filter-A-Fan. Quick and easy to use jig that turns a simple box fan into an air cleaner. An affordable way to breathe clean air while doing common shop tasks such as sanding.
Filed in: Blog
Sites That Link to this Post
- Mid-week tool sneak peek no. 17 | High Rock Woodworking | December 22, 2011