On today’s show, we’re talking about cherry for a desktop, the ruler trick, stationary sander options, cabinet scrapers vs scraper planes, finishing suggestions for cherry, getting a grippy finish on a fish net, is a ClearVue Cyclone a good idea in a small shop, and special guest J. Leko is here to tell us more about his Kickstarter campaign that we so elegantly took a crap on last week.
Around the Web
- An automated chain saw making multiple chairs from a single log!.
- Amazing cityscapes made with scrap wood on a bandsaw.
- Brian Grabsky’s Hidden Drawer Video.
- Paul wants to know if we think cherry is durable enough for a desk top.
- Jim wants our opinion on David Charlesworth’s “ruler trick.”
- Nate wants our thoughts on vertical/horizontal belt sanders vs disc sanders as well as scraper planes vs cabinet scrapers.
- Greg is looking for the perfect finish for his Weekend Wall Shelf.
- Jeff is looking to make his finish a little more grippy, because he’s working on a fishing net.
- Michael has a fairly small shop and wants to know if a ClearVue Cyclone is the right choice.
For the rest of the shownotes, including the links, contact information and downloads for today’s episode, visit www.woodtalkshow.com.
Filed in: Wood Talk