What’s on the bench?
- Shannon scrap wood chair?
- Matt cold weather glue-up and Craigslist scammer buster?
- Marc delivered bed, writing new book.
Poll of the Week
Do you like Red Oak?
- 1000 votes
- 40% – I use it for certain projects, but it’s not my first choice
- 17% – It’s spiffy – I use it a lot
- 16% – It’s been done to death – I’ll hold my nose and use it if I have to
- 2.5% – The perfect hardwood – I build ALL my projects with it
Around the Web
- Quirky Sand Paper -sent in from Kyle.
- Gary Rogowski lectures in Brooklyn, NY at Makeville
- Benchcrafted shares pictures of a woodworker’s Dream workshop
- John Leko’s Oeben Mechanical table Kickstarter campaign
- WOOD Magazine’s “Weekend With Wood” May 17–19, 2013: “Three days that will take your woodworking to the next level”
- Michael – breaking down plywood in a tight space
- Steve Poetzl – is looking to get a set of Shapton Glass Stones and wonders “does one need the Glass Diamond Lapping Plate to keep them flat?”
- David Ulschmid – offered a bit of useful information as a follow-up to last week’s question “How do I attach my Festool tools to another brand dust extractor?” Visit Mcfeely’s.
- Ben Daigle – asks about choosing a block plane and maybe a bench plane too!
For the rest of the shownotes, including the links, contact information and downloads for today’s episode, visit www.woodtalkshow.com.
Filed in: Wood Talk